SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Well there must have been a front line between us or something. I woke and saw temps around 50 and figured the forecast high of 36 must have been WAY off. But by the time I was dressed and ready to head to the boat, the temp had dropped 10 degrees and it was flurrying outside. Next few hours were rain and cold mist, and I just couldn't bring myself to work on the boat in those conditions.

With the temp forecasts I'm seeing, I really don't see how I'm going to get the bottom scraped, sanded, and painted by my hoped-for launch date of April 6. It was just miserable outside today. I did some work on the sails and sail cover inside the house, and downloaded NOAA chart updates and upgraded OpenCPN. I figure the NOAA website might be at risk to go down once the sequestration really starts to kick in a couple weeks from now.
Yeah, I saw on the Doppler all the precipitation up North, it was kind of splitting going North and South of my area (At least the green splotches). Toward sundown the temperature nose dived. I want to be ready by April 1st but that might be a little ambitious with the crappy weather forecast. Due to training on a new high voltage tagging system at work that we have to develop and put in place I've just been informed that April Saturdays could all be wiped out for me.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook