SailNet Community - View Single Post - Weather helm question
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013
Over Hill Sailing Club

smurphny is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather helm question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobberone View Post
LOL. Well I've not done that yet but I've come to understand why you jib slowly. :O

We're looking at purchasing a 38-40 foot cat vs a 40-44 foot monohull. I'm leaning towards the latter and looking at some IPs. I like the livability of the cat and the sailing of the mono.

We did discover the Admiral does not get seasick easily and she loves to sail. In fact she is probably going to be a better sailor than I am. So I have a partner. She also happens to be the greatest wife a man could ask for.
Has to be about 25 years ago now. I took 2 of my cousins out in the Lightning I had at that time. The wind picked up and was puffing 35 knot gusts by the time we were headed back in. I got a little too close on the run back in and wham. Luckily everyone had their heads down. The boom became detached and flailed around wildly until I could get the sail down. My passengers were scared S$%^less and for some reason, never sailed with me again....don't know why