SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013
"Mentally Unbalanced"

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Looks like you'll be in before Shawn...hes still poking around

Dave
Hey, thats not totally acurate...we're now members of MYC and got our slip assigned today...or should I say we got our first pick of a slip. Brian, good to hear your project is coming along, you will be very glad you did this. I am, and 8 years later I have found no signs of blisters. (I do see places my first coat of paint has released itself, apparently the "bond" wasn't good.)

I will admit, I didn't plan as well as I could have but this weather isn't cooperating either. Its hard to compound the hull when its freaking snowing. My wife and I are off all week and hope to get most everything thats needed to splash the boat.

One of my poor planning examples was not throughly checking out my power washer prior to Saturday, it started right up, but a return line needs fixing = no pressure, so washing the deck of two years of grim will have to wait arrggg.

The engine install is about finished. The panel needs to be mounted and the water heater need its heat exchanger lines connected, otherwise its about finished. Prior to the install I painted the entire engine area and installed heat/sound barrier, re-routed wires, will install all new bilge hoses (damn hose is $$$), new bilge blower, and water heater (Raritan 12 G)

The rudder should be back on this week and the pedestal should be ready tomorrow after a fresh powder coat in bright white. I purchased the rebuild kits (brake & bearings) from Edson which I will do later this week.

Tuesday I have a Marine Electrician coming to help me diagnose some issues I'm having since the old engine was removed. I'm thinking its related to a ground wire or something, but I can't figure out. I want to reconfigure the house bank set up but they may have to wait.

Refrigeration is also going to have to wait a while, I want to get sailing. Although I have decided on a Sea Frost system, great systems and will fit our box perfectly with their cold plate freezer box they practically custom build.

I need to hook up the bilge pumps and anything else so we're ready to splash soon/April 1st! The rest can wait!!!! Maryland folks, we need some weather god assistance here!

PS...c2s/Dave doesn't even have his cover off yet, bawahahahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook