SailNet Community - View Single Post - Searching for ORION 3. 23ft WARATAH twin keel yacht 1975
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013

djaustralia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to djaustralia
Re: Searching for ORION 3. 23ft WARATAH twin keel yacht 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallySailing View Post
PS: Have you had a look at

Waratah Design Information

on the wooden boat forum.

You might want to try to contact some owners on there directly. They are bound to know others who have similar boats.
Thankyou for replying folks, I really appreciate it. I have looked at the wooden boat forum as my ma' found a thread regarding waratah designs, although that thread was a couple of years old and the guy got the answers he wanted. I have recently emailed a tourist operator/local on King island and she offered to ask around. Her dad who has just sailed to the island would be interested in my quest also i'm told. I'm not fussed about bot's and scammers as my email junk folder get's that type of crap regularly anyhow. I'm confident I'll find her one day, that'll make an epic story for youtube. I'd love to find, photograph and perhaps sail on her. I still have the original plans that my opa used to build her so maybe I'll make my own one day (finance pending). So thanks again guys and feel free to spread the word.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook