SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've become very concerned about the weather...
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013
Courtney the Dancer

jrd22 will become famous soon enough
Re: I've become very concerned about the weather...

No rain today in the SJ's, yesterday was wet but not cold. The trees are all blooming and daffodils are in full bloom, tulips won't be far behind, tilled the garden a few days ago and we're about ready to plant some spinach. Spring is here. Here is a good site that someone here on SN put together to check the weather for Friday Harbor, I use it daily and generally the weather is nicer than the forecast.

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast

If I recall you are talking about summer cruising. For the summer months head for Desolation Sound, warm water for swimming, the most spectacular scenery on earth, great people if you want to be around humanity or one boat nooks where you feel like you are the first person to have ever been there. Oh, and generally good sailing breezes in the afternoons. It can get hot, take something to provide some shade in the cockpit. And don't forget your fishing and prawning gear. I receive no compensation from the BC government for these glowing write ups:-))

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook