SailNet Community - View Single Post - West Marine no longer matching prices...
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: West Marine no longer matching prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I just spoke to Defender. Web/phone orders placed during the sale go onto "hold" status. People who visit the warehouse in person get first dibs on their available stock until the sale is over, then the web orders are filled from what's left after the sale. If they run out of the item it goes on backorder and is filled when it comes in. If it's a closeout item and they run out of it, it will not be reordered. For the 2013 sale, all shipping is suspended until March 25...
FYI, I decided that I can't wait until March 25 for Defender to ship my bottom paint. Since I was able to scrape the hull today, I could be painting by the end of the week if I get the paint quickly. I found my paint (Vivid White) at Jamestown for $195 with free shipping (vs. Defender's current price of $210 plus about $13 shipping). I don't know what Defender will have it for during their warehouse sale, but Jamestown's price was attractive enough to get me to pull the trigger on this.

FYI, Jamestown's free shipping special ends tomorrow.

After my ebay purchase of Magma grill and this paint purchase, there's not a whole lot left for me to buy from Defender - Magma grill cover, harness, tether, strobe. I'll see how Defender's prices are for the sale and consider purchasing then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 03-17-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook