SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Next and Hopefully Last Boat - Which One?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013

ctl411 is on a distinguished road
Re: My Next and Hopefully Last Boat - Which One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
I know of one H37 that has been from seattle to mexico and back a couple of times with the original owner. That particular one is a bit beat up. BUT, the owner loves it.

I personally am not so sure an encapsulated keel would be my first choice.......I would prefer bolted on.

Reality is, from the standpoints of what you have mentioned, find one that meets your eyes! Otherwise, what works for me, may not work for you. While I will not argue the heritage of a Cheribuni H37, to me, it is not the prettiest thing on the market for the price you will pay! I can think of a few more boats I would prefer.

You might also look at a Jeanneau sunshine 36/38. Some of these came with CB's, so you have shoal draft when getting into a harbor, yet when off shore, you can drop the CB and have some draft to help you point etc. I would go this route before a true wing/shoal keel personally. I also believe Tartan has some 35-40' CB models, as does Beneteau in yrs past.

Marty
The price you pay????? These boats are one of the best bargains out there. They now sell for around $20000.
To the OP yes I've owned both the 5 and 4 foot draft boats they are bolt on keels.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook