SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've become very concerned about the weather...
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: I've become very concerned about the weather...

The thing one has to remember about rain forecasts, 30% means 30 of 100 days you will get measurable "rain" coming down at some point in time. 30% chance of showers is the same. "rain" vs "showers" are two different types of liquid coming down per say, more in the volume, how fast, much in a given time frame.

A week ago, the forecast was for the next 5 days to have lots of rain, looked bad, at the end of the week, I think we had maybe .5" of rain, no flooding as predicted, etc etc. You take what you get. If it is truly raining. you enjoy it and go from there.

Saturday I was up skiing at snoqualmie pass. It was typical spring NW weather. Don't like what you have right now, wait 5 min. I went from sun to snow to rain to sun to snow to rain in 3 hrs on the hill! talk about funky weather. As mentioned, yesterday was nice until about 3pm or so, then scattered showers, one 5 mi stretch was a few ice pellets with in the rain, it was mid 40F at the time.....

Marty