SailNet Community - View Single Post - Experience with TowBoat US
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013

ftldiver is on a distinguished road
Re: Experience with TowBoat US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Alex View Post
Last year I was fishing on a friends boat offshore. On the way in he ran out of fuel due to a faulty gauge 25 miles offshore (this could be the subject of another thread). He did not have a membership, but I did. We called TBUS and I gave them MY membership number. They sent a boat out loaded with Jerry cans of fuel, no questions asked. We just had to pay for the cost of the delivered gas. That's pretty darn good service!
if they knew the owner was aboard, then he would have had to pay.

the only time you are covered on someone else's boat is if they are not aboard, and you are the master of the boat.

back to other experiences. I've used them several times on my own boat in non emergencies. and they were good. -broken rudder with spare aboard. - towed to shallow water for me to make repairs.

-also had a tow in on my open fish, main engine died, kicker finally spun the hub, and the towed me in the last 1/2 mile... - which was the busiest place (ramp).

My main issue is they will wait until a bad situation is worse enough to be a crisis, and then it will be a salvage.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook