SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bounty, 2 minute mutiny?
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 03-18-2013
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Bounty, 2 minute mutiny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
Um, I'm not the one who made something like 20+ posts to the various Bounty threads. If you were checking you would find that I did not post in any of them as it seemed like a lot of wagging tongues to me. I stumbled upon the link I posted which is a day by day review of the CG hearings. I thought it was interesting so I posted it for anyone who might have missed this in all the long, drawn out pizzing contests that made up the bulk of the other Bounty threads. I know that some of you seem to enjoy that kind of thread, but I do not. I knew that I could count on you however, to assert yourself in this thread.

As for making a spectacle about some boating accident, no. That is not me, so I leave it up those more qualified! :G Or those wearing glasses :G

A more useful discussion I would like to see after hurricane Sandy is how people react to the incredible amount of damage caused to moored and docked boats. What changes may be coming to a mooring field or slip near you?

Agreed...not trying to pick on you. I got more like 120 posts on it...argggggg. I just cant figure thin gs out. I thought that captain who abandoned his vessels Viewfinder when trying to attempt a crossing with a rookie crew who mutinied almost the second day would have be a cause for discussion, but no it was Bounty. Had broken his rudder once and still didnt register to have a plan B. Go figure

We are interested to see how Sandy affected the places we cruise when we come up the New jersey Coast this summer to the LI Sound. I have been on LBI and to Seaside this winter delivering generatorsa and see how bad it still is. We usually pull in Atlantic HIghlands and anchor/ moor too.

Maybe we will be able to meet up this year.

dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome