SailNet Community - View Single Post - British Columbia wilderness, sometime in next 3 years, any exp
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013

limpyweta is on a distinguished road
British Columbia wilderness, sometime in next 3 years, any exp

There's about 19 remote forests throughout West Vancouver Island and East Queen Charlotte Strait I'd prefer to sail to, engineless, whenever safely practicable. If the boat's 30' or less, I will get the resources to go (if that means buying the boat and maintaining it), will spend at least 1500 more hours of such passage making practice aboard, and all other working time preparing for it, somewhere in Puget Sound, over the first year, then I'll try to go, if there are enough sailors or skippers and their boats interested in any of the trips.

I'll consider those of any sailing experience level if they'll make time. My schedule has a high priority to practice with them and assess each other's competencies. Sail crew may find something else to do during bush trots.

With money, a variety of deals may work out if I'm the skipper, and as a starting position, I'd be fine with one who can cover their own personal expenses, but don't expect to cover any of my boat, or living expenses.

Much more about all of this is on the 3/15/13 post of the blog poppdbubb. Thanks!

Last edited by limpyweta; 04-30-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook