SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bounty, 2 minute mutiny?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Bounty, 2 minute mutiny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Agreed...not trying to pick on you. I got more like 120 posts on it...argggggg. I just cant figure thin gs out. I thought that captain who abandoned his vessels Viewfinder when trying to attempt a crossing with a rookie crew who mutinied almost the second day would have be a cause for discussion, but no it was Bounty. Had broken his rudder once and still didnt register to have a plan B. Go figure

We are interested to see how Sandy affected the places we cruise when we come up the New jersey Coast this summer to the LI Sound. I have been on LBI and to Seaside this winter delivering generatorsa and see how bad it still is. We usually pull in Atlantic HIghlands and anchor/ moor too.

Maybe we will be able to meet up this year.

dave
Dave,
Yes, I thought it was more like 120 posts but I sure did not want to go back and count them all. Whew!
And yes, the Viewfinder discussion certainly did not have the "legs" that any of the other Bounty threads did. I don't expect this thread to turn into another epic; more of a quiet epilogue. Not much to debate at this point, is there?
H'cane Sandy was epic up here though and the debates will go on for years to come. I'll bet you will be alright at Atlantic Highlands if you stay there again. I'm sure the sandbars have moved around quite a bit so you can toss out your old charts of Raritan Bay. The ocean level rose high enough to come right across Sandy Hook peninsula in some places. USCG base there was badly damaged/flooded.

And yes, with any luck we can meet up on your cruise this summer.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook