SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tires as Fenders
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: Tires as Fenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I wonder if West Marine's no question asked return policy works for a worn out fender? Probably not.
I had bought the fenders from wm mail order. Few weeks ago I called them and they said they would send me a replacement. Then, a few minutes later they called back and said I needed to go directly through Taylor. I called Taylor and asked if I could return it to my local wm store for exchange. Taylor said I could. I will attempt to do that. WM is getting harder to deal with (as most stores are tightening there return and warraty policy- not just wm, to save on the bottom line). I have not had a chance to get to the WM, but I will try. Hope they exchange without a problem. If I need to mail to Taylor for exchange, shipping will be the cost of a new fender- probably about $90 as everthing into and out of Hawaii goes air freight. Shipping cost to Hawaii generally runs the cost of the item. I try to buy local because of that. WM did have a flat rate of $20 for shipping for all your items to Hawaii- I think even that has now changed.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook