SailNet Community - View Single Post - Installing a bow floodlight
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road
Re: Installing a bow floodlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by eherlihy View Post
Some time ago I saw an article about a guy that mounted a remote control spotlight on a piece of starboard. He mounted two clamps with wingnuts to the bottom of the starboard, which he clamped to the bow pulpit. When needed, he would quickly mount the starboard to the pulpit, and plug in the spotlight to a 12V outlet in the V berth. When not needed, he stored below.
I have a similar set up and it works just fine. My son gave me a remote controlled light one Christmas. I mounted a 12v socket in the anchor locker. I found a ss mount at a truck stop that is designed for mounting an antenna on the side mirror. It clamps to my bow rail with two bolts. I mounted it on a fg panel and when I want to "light things up" it is great. It is stowed when not in use. A hand held remote allows me to aim it from the helm and it is out front where no reflections from the boat are created. It sure makes spotting lobster pots easier when motoring home in the dark. It is great for letting another boat know you are there, too.

Down

Last edited by downeast450; 03-19-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook