SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Next and Hopefully Last Boat - Which One?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013
SailAway

maccauley123 is on a distinguished road
Re: My Next and Hopefully Last Boat - Which One?

I appreciate the feedback but I know the prices and the work that can go into a used boat. My Ericson needed a lot of work when I bought her including new diesel engine, new bulkheads, rotten decks repaired and completely new wiring. Most of the work done myself.

I am not looking to get a boat requiring that much work again, I am looking for a solid foundation, which the H37C sounds like she is, that is in good repair. If I have to pay a little more than 20k and closer to the 30k range then so be it. I'm not looking to buy or end up with a pristine boat in new condition nor one that I can race competitively. I am looking for a dependable boat that is roughly 80% ready to go cruising. There is a 1981 in New Bern that looks to have had many updates already done for 39k which I will be looking at. I'm sorry but I'm with ctl411, I am not buying that I must flat assume I will need to pay 3-4 times beyond the purchase price to get a new boat cruise ready.

Get out there!

Saco Bay, Maine
1971 Ericson 29
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook