View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Smackdaddy needs your thoughts/prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongreerps View Post
Smackdaddy:

I join the multitude of voices offering prayers and support to you.

You have given so much helpful advise to others, here is some advise which will be helpful to you if you take heed:

Accept help which is offered to you. More than that SPEAK UP and tell us anything and everything we might do to lighten your load. It is hard, very hard, for over achieving Class A types such as yourself to accept help, especially if you are a tall, self sufficient, proud Texan, but this is a time when you must share the burden. If you cannot humble yourself to accept help for you, accept it for the boys. Now and for months to come.

Remember that you are now the entire world for the boys. They need you. Unless you take care of yourself, you will be unable to care for them. So ask friends to care for the boys for a while, while you go off and do things for yourself. Please.

Please schedule some rigorous physical activity for yourself on a regular basis. Maybe the boys also. You will need the release that strenuous activity brings.

And now a practical offer. There may come a time when a change of scenery would be welcome. We live just west of San Antonio. We have empty bedrooms for you and the boys. It is said "there is nothing so good for the inside of a man as the outside of a horse". We've got some horses which need their noses rubbed. And a couple of good sized dogs which need a couple of faces to wash.
This is the best advice I have heard in a long time. Really, REALLY good advice, combined with what sounds like, a heartfelt and true invitation to help in a real and tangible way.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook