SailNet Community - View Single Post - New purchase, needs bottom paint, no trailer
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-20-2013 Thread Starter
russellnyberg

New purchase, needs bottom paint, no trailer

Hey all, I just purchased my first sailboat. Kent Ranger 24. It's in great condition and has everything I need, however (of course) it hasn't had a bottom paint in a couple years (4+). The boat didn't come with any sort of trailer. So I'm not quite sure what path to take. The boats at Hayden Island in Portland OR, and I know I can get a guy to haul it out and put it on stands...but that becomes pretty pricey...I want to do the work myself, and I also need to fix my sink drain that's froze up (the guy I bought it from said it was best to not mess with it until I hauled out...this true?).

Can you rent boat trailers? If I found a used one (couple on craigslist) how do I tell if it will fit my boat?

Anybody got one I can borrow?! Or should I just pay someone to do it...?(not ideal). I would rather be able to get a feel for the bottom of my boat, and who know how much they would charge to replace the frozen drain...any advice???
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome