SailNet Community - View Single Post - New purchase, needs bottom paint, no trailer
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013

russellnyberg is on a distinguished road
New purchase, needs bottom paint, no trailer

Hey all, I just purchased my first sailboat. Kent Ranger 24. It's in great condition and has everything I need, however (of course) it hasn't had a bottom paint in a couple years (4+). The boat didn't come with any sort of trailer. So I'm not quite sure what path to take. The boats at Hayden Island in Portland OR, and I know I can get a guy to haul it out and put it on stands...but that becomes pretty pricey...I want to do the work myself, and I also need to fix my sink drain that's froze up (the guy I bought it from said it was best to not mess with it until I hauled out...this true?).

Can you rent boat trailers? If I found a used one (couple on craigslist) how do I tell if it will fit my boat?

Anybody got one I can borrow?! Or should I just pay someone to do it...?(not ideal). I would rather be able to get a feel for the bottom of my boat, and who know how much they would charge to replace the frozen drain...any advice???
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook