SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can I sail to the Bahamas with NO experience?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013

night0wl is on a distinguished road
Re: Can I sail to the Bahamas with NO experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPirate View Post
Minnewaska, Wow, that is a rather harsh appraisal of the video. I am not sure if you are just ragging on the video itself or the entire experience. The video is certainly not going to win any awards, but that is not the point of it. The thread began with the question as to whether one could sail to the Bahamas with no experience. The video shows how one group of people got their sailing experience. May I ask, do you own a sailboat, and if so, have you ever gone anywhere? I see a graphic for a Jeannneau 54 on your post. If you own such an expensive boat I might well imagine your disgust with Pestilence. Heavens, what would the yacht club commodore say? I say, if you don't like the video, don't watch it. As always, fair winds.
You have to understand context. That "Hold Fast" documentary was discussed ad nauseum on this and many other sailing boards. There were heated opinions on both ends. It wasn't the Yacht Club crowd vs the Pardey crowd...but more along the "I respect property rights" crowd vs the "anarchist pirate" mentality displayed by Moxie and his crew.

If yo know anything about Minnewaska, you'd know that he's out there living the life right now. I sense jealousy about his vessel and life coming from you...or perhaps its a punk rock irreverence for people that have more?