SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013

hannah2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Full or fin keel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfenzee View Post
If you are going to through all full keels into one category and point out the disadvantages that apply to some. You should be prepared to consider all fin keels. This thread is "fin vs full" not "the worst of the full vs the newest/best of the fin"
And why not? I personally would not sail the old style fin keel over any full keeled boat. But I would consider sailing the newer design fin keels to the full keels of yesterday. That being said I like almost all the older full keels and have sailed them to places you can only imagine in your dreams. and would have done it again if that is the choice we made. Again hopefully for the last time, I love full keel boats for cruising long distance but want folks to know that if they are buying a new long distance boat that those new boats have fin keels on the most part and they do a really good job at getting their owners to their destinations in a safe comfortable manner and with better speed than most full keel boats or old fin keeled designs.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook