SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 22 or 25?
View Single Post
post #16 of Old 03-20-2013 Thread Starter
Cincy020

Re: Catalina 22 or 25?

Thanks for all the input. Around here in Cincinnati, we have relatively small lakes to sail on, so for me, I don't think overnight trips will happen often. My wife is actually the one who asked me to consider the 25 because of the cabin space, but as I currently just do day sails, I don't consider a large cabin to be a necessity. I have crewed with a friend on a Capri 25, so I guess I would sort of have the feel for a Cat 25. We are both young (late 20's) so being able to have friends with us is really what we would like. Most likely, 4 ppl would often would be on the boat with 6 on occasion.

I guess crew would be one issue. My help (wife) would be my primary crew and she has 10x more interest on being on a sail boat rather than helping me crew. All boats I am looking at has a furling headsail, so would that be a big deal? Having a 25, I am just concerned that it may be too much boat for me to handle. Does anyone see that as a concern? I just don't want to get 25 and then not be comfortable sailing it.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome