SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fishers Island
Thread: Fishers Island
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Fishers Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
....Minnie your experience with Fishers is one of the "insiders" as you alluded to. You spent time there growing up so I am sure the locals dont see you as an intruder. I can only tell you how we were treated and we were pleasent and took a positive approach......
Sorry you felt like an outsider, that certainly happens there. Most of the people we used to know there are dead or moved off island. This past summer, we mostly connected with people that knew the same people.

To be clear for anyone that hasn't been there, they are not going to throw you off the island or refuse to serve you. They just aren't in the tourist service business nor want to be. It's serene there, but little to nothing to do. Only stop if you want to walk around and see what an island that is frozen in time looks like.

There is also a grocery store within walking distance. Pricey, but I was amazed how good the butcher was this summer. As a kid, it was pretty basic.

In the end, I'm not really trying to talk you into going either. That might be the islander in me too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook