SailNet Community - View Single Post - Smackdaddy needs your thoughts/prayers
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013

hasher is on a distinguished road
Re: Smackdaddy needs your thoughts/prayers

Smackdaddy,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I know it may feel overwhelming at this point but let me offer two things.

One, that time being an artificial illusion (see Einstein and the Bible) your wife is just as alive as she ever was. She is now in a new reality. You were allowed to share some experiences with her that changed your life. When you see her again, there will be no marriage. The incredible love and bond you shared will be universal. Thatís why Jesus declared there is no marriage in Heaven.

Second, my great-grandfather came from a very successful family. He was trained at the University and his brother was the first Dean of a wonderful highly regarded college. My great-grandfatherís wife died. My grandfather dropped out of school in the eighth grade and worked as a house painter. A far different life than might have been expected. But his father reacted rather poorly to his wifeís premature death.

I have enjoyed your posts and will pray that your reaction to this change of tides might make life richer.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook