SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
....... I remain completely baffled by the rationale for creating numerous openings in the cabin top, simply to run lines aft inside the cabin for a relatively short distance, and then exiting up to the cabin top again, when they could seemingly be led so much more directly along the cabin top itself.........
Now I get your point. I didn't realize you were objecting to an actual deck penetration into the cabin. I agree, that sounds undesirable. Sort of like leaving a foredeck hatch open, which I recall you trying to say.

Ours run from the mast base, over a window that you wouldn't stand on, though a deck organizer and then into a tunnel that exits inside the dodger.

Technically, the lines run through a molded ditch in the cabin top and a piece of fiberglass is screwed down on top to make it flush with the rest. I've never taken than cap off, I bet its filthy in there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook