SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tires as Fenders
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013

Cawarra Bill is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Tires as Fenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
I look for ways to save money and resources. That is how I CAN afford to fix anything else that wears out and keep my safety equipment up to date. And I will stay "cheap". I drive 20 year old (or more) cars but have managed to pay my house off, boat off, and all cars paid for. I owe no one nothing- but hey, you can call me cheap if you like....
Yes don't sweat it. Not calling you cheap. Lol. It's a great thing being debt free. I couldn't afford a boat if I wasn't. I too have mine paid off. I'm sure we all take loads of pride in our investments and one way I do that is by keeping a tidy clean ship. Mine may not be the prettiest boat in the marina and sure shows the signs of wear. Because she gets used. Loads if boats in marinas seem to just sit and grow gardens of green on their decks and just rot. Sad.

So you want to be frugal as we all do. I save money by doing most of the dirty stuff myself as I'm sure we all do. But in taking pride in something so special I doubt I could ever hang something as old school as a bunch of tires to protect my boat. Unless I was looking to be included in the relaunch of the beachcombers.. A west coast classic
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook