SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailboat under $5000 for Puget Sound
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailboat under $5000 for Puget Sound

Good responses. Thank you.

-stupid practical sailor, trying to make me pay, don't they realize this is the internet?

-the Santana is still listed, on the 18th, they just work it strange.

-yes, I think after my trip is done, assuming I leave the area, I'll bring the boat to Seattle to sell.

-I don't mind a small cockpit, since I'll singlehand mostly, and aren't small ones better in a pooping?

-it not having design compromises to fit rules, and just being built to sail is good. You are right, I have no rail meat.

-To me, the santana looks a little trashed, in the last picture it has a walmart tarp for a sail cover, and in the interior is has weird cushions, and towels on the galley, probably to absorb all the water coming down the chainplates !!

You guys should go to Hawai'i some time and see what a sailboat sells for there, your definition of 'trashed' would change very quickly. that's why it's hard for me to see the trees in the forest, they all look good to me. I want a good deal as much as everyone else, but I don't mind getting the Ranger for double for the reasons you listed.

-i still like the Tanzer. any more thoughts on the Tanzer?

-I'm glad I didn't leave earlier this week, since I really am in no hurry, am having fun in Eugene, and the weather turned nasty, and the weather is only getting better as we move into spring, but mostly after the two boats I wanted, the Ranger and the Tanzer both had people looking at them, and they didn't sell, it made me realize that it really is a buyer's market and I should relax and take my time and look, and the boat I want will probably still be there. They are NOT selling quick. Maybe if they are in SEATTLE with a transferable slip, but otherwise no, the farther out the worse too.

Last edited by northoceanbeach; 03-21-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook