SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchockT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg
Jeanneau has actually built boats with lines led aft inside the cabin???

I must confess, I've never seen such a thing, nor even heard of it until this thread...
No, they run through a tunnel. They don't actually penetrate the deck, they are just covered up. It does look as though the tunnels could be quite a water scoop if you punched through a green wave. Could be quite a jet of water shooting out the back end! I don't imagine it would happen very often though.

I was referring to the arrangement described by c. breeze...

Of course, an assortment of builders have been using variations of the configuration you've illustrated for years... The Hunter I referenced above is probably 20 years old, by now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchockT View Post
Yeah it's funny, I didn't think it was really a debate, because most manufacturers just don't put winches on the mast anymore. I have only ever seen that configuration on really old boats that haven't been updated. I guess some people are just traditionalists that don't want to embrace these "new-fangled" ideas!

Yeah, I suppose it's time for me to trade up to a Dock 'n Go Joystick control system, for sure... (grin)

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook