SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013

bjung is on a distinguished road
Re: Allures 39.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapwraia View Post
Hi - we're thinking the 39.9 might be the long term boat for us too; ticks so many important boxes and very competitive pricing (ready to sail but minus some desirable options is half the price of what HR are quoting for their "fully loaded plus" demo 412 Not sure about the way they like to use plastic teak decking though. Looking forward to a sail on their demo boat this summer.
I'll have to agree, there's a lot to like about the 39.9. Amazing to me, a couple of months ago, they announced on their site, that 10 hulls were already sold. That is with only artists renderings and no finished model to look at or even having splashed?!? I inquired twice about pricing, but have only been put on their newsletter list. Do they even have a definite price yet, considering hull #1 has yet to be finished?
One complaint: The powerboat style portlights in the hull are huge and fairly low to the WL, and in my opinion out of place for a dedicated blue water cruiser. I know, more light down below, but the possibility of their failure on passage would be catastrophic and not worth the risk in my book.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook