SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can I sail to the Bahamas with NO experience?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013

c. breeze is on a distinguished road
Re: Can I sail to the Bahamas with NO experience?

There's a difference between looking rode hard and put up wet and looking derelict. I don't mind looking a bit weathered- as it were, but I can't stand looking like a yard sale. For the movie to have been proper- they should've been fiercely independent to the point that they wouldn't ever have been in a position to damage someone else's stuff.

My chief complaint with anarchy has always been that its proponents are typically only suited to scavenging- and it's with an eye toward those means that they embrace anarchy. Scavengers. Oddly enough those who are most suited to getting along well enough, those with the various skills to support themselves without any central governing body providing for the infrastructure that allows for so many products to be so readily available- they are rarely the ones beating the anarchist drum. Quite likely because they are all actually engaged in supporting themselves off the grid in various manners.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook