SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

$500.00 Reward for Catamaran under $120k

10K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  Renato 
#1 ·
Aloha All (from Jack & Nicole)

We are new to this forum. We have posted this on another popular forum and got some leads and went and viewed some cats. But still have not found "the one" so we are still shopping. If we have posted in the wrong area please let us know..

We are a younger couple in our 30s looking to make the dream come true on a budget. We have been saving and planning for 6 years. We are now ready to set out on a 5 year down wind circumnavigation. I have been doing scuba instruction and captain work for the past 10 years. I will continue to do this as we do our circumnavigation. Nicole is a flight attendant with a lot of friends that fly for free, so we will also be doing light chartering. Nicole also writes and is working towards her dive master certification.

So this is the part where you come in. We are offering a $500 reward to anyone that leads us to the catamaran we PURCHASE. ( $500.00 payout only once for the cat we PURCHASE not to every lead we get!!!!) We know 120k is on the low end for a cat like we want. The catamaran kitty did not grow as big as we hoped. So we are looking for one great deal on a catamaran. We are hoping that someone out there knows of a cat that we have not yet seen on the web, as we are VERY familiar with the listings on the top ten or so websites.

We don't mind a cat that needs work but the buying price would need to be less than 120K. We would do most the work our selves if possible. A cat that needs re-powering, sails and TLC would be fine.

We are looking for something bigger than 36ft. and less than 45ft.
We realize that the budget may not allow us every feature that we want, but here are the ideal features we are looking for in order of importance: good bridge deck clearance, straight shafts, owners version, galley up and dagger boards. We want a low maintenance simple boat, but not a wooden boat. Again, we know it may be nearly impossible to get every feature we want, but the more features, the better its a compromise. We really like the 39 Privilege, the TPI lagoons and the Admirals.

If you, yourself, have a cat that is worth more than 120k and if you want to see it make a circumnavigation but you don't have the time or money and don't enjoy long passages, we may consider an agreement where the current owner would get some free charter weeks every year. This could be a great opportunity for everyone.

We are not looking to have someone do a web search for us. We have been spending hours a day on all the popular web sites for more than 6 months. We are just offering a little reward if some one sees a cat for sale on their dock or anchorage.

We are cash buyers and can travel just about anywhere today to see the right boat. Please personal message any potential cats.

Well, thanks for reading and we hope to give you the $500 reward soon.
Jack & Nicole

Ps: To the nay sayers, Yes we are 100% serious we will pay by cash, money order, paypal, cookies, or Rum your choice.

See less See more
#42 ·
Wahoooooooo!!!!!!
I got my bill of sale . We are now the proud new owners of a 1994 39 privilege catamaran :) .
We do thank everyone for there input.
if you are one of the dreamers like I was dont give up.
dreams do come true!!!!!!!!!

We actualy found the cat while looking at
Another. The cat was not for sale at the time
But we keep a eye on it. Once it did come
Up for sale we worked hard to get her. So
Sorry no one got the 500. I really did not
Want to give brokers 10% but we really
Wanted the cat.
Thanks again.

#45 ·
hi amphibious1

congrats for your successful pursuit!
we've read all your posts and found the story very encouraging.
we're in a similar situation right now: seeking for a cat for a near future life aboard, but our budget puts us in a limited situation: somewhere around 150 K (willing to get to 200K max if something really outstanding shows up).
we noticed you've looked many boats and wonder if you recall having seen anything that caught attention for this price range. the type of boat we're aiming seems to be very similar to the ones you were looking for.
so if you have any hint or contact, we'd really appreciate it!
Best regards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.