SailNet Community - View Single Post - New(ish) ca. 45 ft boats w large fwd&aft cabins
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013

ArgleBargle is on a distinguished road
Re: New(ish) ca. 45 ft boats w large fwd&aft cabins

thanks for the responses.

i hadnt really considered buying a boat with 2 aft cabins and modifying it. i suspect that would add substantial cost, but dont really have much experience in that regard.

blt2ski: I checked on some of the boats you mentioned. Hanse 445, DuFour 450 seem to only be available in 2 small aft cabin version. catalina 445, on the catalina site, has a single aft cabin but it is small because of what appears to be a storage space on the port side. swan also seems unavail in this type of config, and prob too pricey anyway.

i am looking for two large cabins, one fwd, one aft.

you are correct, though, the tartan 4300 & IP 460 do seem to fit the bill. thanks.

outbound & manhattan: thanks, yes, HR & hunter 45 also seem to be available in this config.

so the list is: HR 43/46, hunter 45, tartan 4300, jeanneau 44DS, Hake Seaward 46RK, IP460.

cheers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
If you like your hanse, why not look for a mid 40' Hanse! To name a few that have floorplans of the type you want, Jeanneau, beneteau, bavaria, Catalina, Hunter, Elan, J-boat, Tartan, Island Packet, DuFour, Swan.........shall I go on?

If you want bigger, best to hit the boat shows, start looking at the docks. Try to get on other peoples boats when out cruising......when you find the boat you want, you will know it. Of course, if you can afford it, and want to go that way, take a trip south to the Mukeltio indian reservation, see Bob Perry, have him design your next boat, and have it built locally by one of many that can do so!

marty

Last edited by ArgleBargle; 03-22-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook