SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alberg 30 - Yah or Nay!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: Alberg 30 - Yah or Nay!

looking at the pictures, there is nothing that jumps out at me and says "run!" There is, however, lots of stuff that needs addressing sooner rather than later... and lots of stuff that tells me that somebody was serious about this boat at some time in the past, ie mast steps, lazy jacks and fancywork on the tiller. the ports don't show major signs of leakage which is a plus, but vinyl covered cushions are a minus to me- nothing makes a night at anchor more miserable than feeling two layers of skin rip off your legs every time you move while playing cards. but, that is dealable.
Get familair with your local umberyard, and learn the ways of the bursh and roller, grasshopper- you got some brightwork and woodwork in your future. It's cool, though. we're here to help.
Chrisandcate did a decent jonb on the woodwork on their Alberg, if he can do it, anyone can. hopefully he will park his avalon (likely in a handicapped space) and chime in withe his experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bljones; 03-22-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook