Re: advice on some options, if you please?
Pearson made some rather sturdy boats back then. I happen to like the lines of older boats like that, hence I own a 1967 Tartan 27'.
Things to keep in mind about older boats like this:
Because all of the systems are older they are more likely due for maintenance, repair or overhaul.
Starting with the inboard engine:
- shaft, strut, Cutless bearing and shaft log hose may all need replacing
On to the boat:
- mast step may need addressing
- soft decks may need re-coring
- deck fittings will need re-bedding
- old wiring should be considered suspect
- standing rigging likely needs replacing if it is as old as the boat
Then there are the cosmetic things.
There is always more to attend to.
"The cure for anything is salt water~ sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Denesen
Everybody has one:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.