SailNet Community - View Single Post - Send packing the stuffing gland..
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Send packing the stuffing gland..

my stuffing bos, sans stuffing, only allows into boat enough water to empty every 2 hours to the count of exactly 45 seconds every 2 hours for a 800gph bilge pump. i can let 12 hours go by with only 120 seconds of pumping--dont ask me --i only count the seconds, i dont do the math.....with teflon stuffing, there was a huge improvement, but the alignment..yada yada quack quack.....
we will be designing a specific stuffing box for this boat as we go . i have a flanged unit that buck algonquin denies knowledge of and stares never saw ever in life one like this....ok. i own a formosa..we fabricate....we may even remember to post pix when we finish the design and install it.
we will add a third bilge pump and a manual one also. so far, i have travelled 2000 miles with my 'unknown to buck algonquin and man' flanged unit--with modifications, perhaps long enough to find a replacement. LOL or make one.

hecho en chine......rodlmao.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook