SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
I really wanted to paint the bottom today, ended up spending 11 hours at work so no go. If the temperature reaches 50 degrees tomorrow I'll go for it. Minimum application temperature on instructions state 50 degrees, they're predicting 47 so maybe 3 degrees off wouldn't hurt. Moday they're predicting the possibility of a couple inches of global warming but I'm hoping they're wrong. I really would like to see it warm up, this cold weather and my insane schedule are really making it tough to do the few things I need to do.
Pettit Vivid is good down to 40, so I got a coat on yesterday and a coat on today. I want to do a third coat on the waterline and leading edges, and also need to paint the pad areas and transom hung rudder (which is in my basement right now), but I'm out of paint. So it looks like Defender will be getting an order for a quart. It really stings to pay almost half what a gallon costs, but I don't want to have a bunch of extra paint sitting around for 2 years, so it will have to be a quart.

I met the owners of the large powerboat that's blocking me in, and they're splashing April 5. I think I'm gonna go in right after them on the same day. I have a few important things to do first, like raise the mast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook