Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Re: Fastest route from Annapolis to NYC?
Draft? You mean height? 55' seems a bit deep......
Sorry, these were two separate thoughts. I should edit my own posts as I tell my two high-schoolers to do. The bridge clearance in the Cape May Canal is published at 55'; your boat requires 58'. Also, your 7' draft is a bit extreme for the NJ ICW. Avoid both of those routes.
I've started searching the notice to mariners and active captain for issues that would impact the trip via the outside with inlet stops. I read an article about a coast guard vessel grounding on a Volvo in the Barnegat bay.
I've also found these issues:
- (VZ) new sunken vessel on bridge approach.
- (Raritan) Missing Lighthouse
- (Raritan) Two sunken vessels in western bay.
- (Manasquan) "Following Superstorm Sandy, the entire NJ Coast has been reported to have debris floating from the shore out. Many houses were swept out to sea and a lot of the roofs and structural parts are still out there."
- (Manasquan) Missing marker by coast guard station
- (barnegat)Shoaling at the inlet entrance.
- (barnegat)Missing markers further along the inlet.
Is anyone aware of other issues in these inlets?
What marinas are really open this week?
( Active captain is a great resource! )