SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Handholds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomberries View Post
Thanks Hannah2, for asking me to clarify. I realize now that there are several possibilities.
I was referring to the interior of the AY 480. There is one chrome handhold above the companionway that one could not reach going down the stairs. The boat looks cheap and poorly thought out.
The Bavaria looks more thoughtfully and solidly designed below, yet still lacks any handholds.
I agree regarding the Ay 480 but what you are seeing are just foto realistic images of the interior. I cannot find any real pictures. That does not mean that the actual boat does not have handholds. That would be quite dumb in a boat that is designed to be a voyage boat.

What you are seeing also regarding the Bavaria 56 is a photo realistic image and in the image that are no handholds but on the real boat they exist. Bavaria is probably among the ones that mass produce boats the brand that take handholds and attaching points more seriously. It is the only brand that has as an option an integrated permanent jacklines system.

If you look at the actual interior you will see that the Bavaria has handholds on the side and on the ceiling. That galley is a also very good in what regards cooking on voyage. Probably the same happens with the AY 480.

Have a look:

Bavaria Yachtbau: CRUISER 56

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-24-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook