SailNet Community - View Single Post - Winter Storage Covers
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road
Re: Winter Storage Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallard View Post
Meant to include this photo of my polyester canvas cover from thee inside.

Nice! That is a substantial cover. It looks good. You are correct about the height for shedding snow. The high peak I have with an Amsteel ridge line has done a superb job this year for me. It has been through serious wind loads and near record snow fall here on Mount Desert Island. With 1/4" shock cord laced under the hull and foam pipe T insulation on the tops if the stanchions there was, even and adjustable, tension on the poly tarp. Not too tight! The pitch combined with the wind shed snow well. It was an experiment. It went on quickly. I cover it by myself. I wanted to get rid of all the "stuff" I used to store and manage for covering the boat. The "old" ridge and frame are history. I tied each of the 3 vertical supports to opposite stanchions to prevent them from shifting sideways. We had several storms with gale force winds and hurricane force gusts. I have decided the experiment worked. It was inexpensive, to boot! I can expect at least three years from the tarp @ $50.00. Using shock cord on every grommet preserves them. I do love Amsteel.

Down

Last edited by downeast450; 03-24-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook