SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fastest route from Annapolis to NYC?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013

yossarian is on a distinguished road
Re: Fastest route from Annapolis to NYC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
[Manesquan is home to a lrge commercial fishing fleet and has safe doicks once inside the inlet breakwaters in case of an emergency, there is no real place to anchor though.
I don't know about making it with a 7' draft, but when I stopped in Manasquan I anchored in a neat little spot out of the inlet and hence safe from the nasty current. Not far into the inlet was a marked channel, probably 1/2 mile, to a bascule bridge that then opened into a neat little harbor with good holding...

No idea if you could squeeze down there with such a large draft or whether it got slammed by the storm, but it was a great option as it was out of the way of the commericial fleet and out of the current... Maybe chef2sail has more accurate and up to date info..

On my trip, as a total newb sailing solo, I steered way clear of Barnegat, but I had no problem with Cape May, Abesecon, and Manesquan. All were well marked, all offered good anchorage options, and easy peasy on the way in and out as long as you watched the tide and wind.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook