SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?

my crippled old knees are abe to go forwardon my flat wide decks, even the 20 ft from cockpit to main mast. i have a nice coachhouse roof under my main boom,and is good for standing on top of while raising main sail, when it is used. all easy and not dangerous. at least not more dangerous than crossing a street in lost angeles...at dusk....downtown..
to my cockpit go only my jib furling line and sheets. on my coach house roof aft, my main sheet. abaft my helm seat, which is a comfy sofa, is my mizzen sheet.
i usually sola with only jib and mizzen, so i dont have to fool around with going forward.
and i have a great autopilot. boat tracks perfect and for loong time--- i have no worries about going forward in 30 ft seas--btdt...wasnt a big deal....
tried to go forward in gom in a 37 seidelmann--fuggeddaboudit. and those were only 8 ft seas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 03-24-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook