SailNet Community - View Single Post - Average number of months for a sailboat to sell
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013

ctl411 is on a distinguished road
Re: Average number of months for a sailboat to sell

I've been watching the market for a couple years seriously I always watch a little. Their are boats on the market 3-4 years. One I negotiated on is down 30000 but still over market price and I have moved on to bigger better boats so no longer interested. Its a buyers market anyone who says it isn't is a broker (only some are clinging to this) or a boat owner. I sold mine last year kept dropping price until I found the true market. I had a 91 Tayana 47 under contract for $90000 this winter. We decided not to go through on it after consulting with Bob P. This boat sold within a few months because it was a decent buy. If priced right boats are selling but at CURRENT value not old overinflated prices. And more boat go on our list about every 2-3 weeks. No end in sight to supply. If you get a offer and CAN take it you should. I get calls from broker/owners wanting to sell at my offer price but we have moved on and no longer want those boats. Some of these were comprising boats because we would have been two boat owners. Now we are buying in a higher range.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook