SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fastest route from Annapolis to NYC?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Fastest route from Annapolis to NYC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
Darn - forgot one of my favorite stories. Inside Manasquan is a marina called Hoffmans. If you are running from weather getting into a slip or even alongside the fuel dock can be a problem. Three times in the last many years I've pulled in there, turned away from the fuel dock, dropped anchor, and Med-moored to the fuel dock. It would be rude to stay past the weather problem and I've always coordinated with the marina. Always blows the minds of the dock kids.
Funny I have a similar story about Hoffmans, but never tried the med morr method of gaining the dock. The current there is fierce. We did duck in one night after they closed as the weather sucked to keep going north and stayed on the fuel dock and left at 5 AM.

They must hate sailboaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook