SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fastest route from Annapolis to NYC?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013

RichH will become famous soon enough
Re: Fastest route from Annapolis to NYC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Yup, I was through there about 3 weeks after the storm, on a trip down from Maine... I usually pass between Eph Shoal and Prissy Wicks, and head straight for the point, that's where you mean, right?

No problem, nothing had changed as far as I could tell... There was a decent swell running, breakers on both sides as usual, but good water (relatively speaking, of course) in between...

Speaking with Chris Booth, the dockmaster at South Jersey Marina, sounds like Cape May came through Sandy virtually unscathed, he said it was no worse than your average northeaster... The only area that really got hit were the communities facing the Delaware Bay side, when the wind came west on the back side of the storm... But as far as altering the hydrography of the waters south of the point, I can't imagine that there has been real change whatsoever...
Yup dats the channel.
Thanks for the info, usually when these close in channels get filled with sand/silt they usually 're-open' themselves quite quickly thanks to the scoured marl bottom.
Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook