SailNet Community - View Single Post - sailing has changed my life
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013
Senior Smart Aleck

jameswilson29 is on a distinguished road
Re: sailing has changed my life

I had a difficult childhood, primarily due to my parents, who would not let me do whatever I wanted, when I wanted. Can you believe how unreasonable that is? Fortunately, my dad provided a comfortable family income and I was able to alleviate the pain by sailing with my family, until I could afford my own boat.

I would like to claim I was an orphan, but that would contradict my first paragraph. I am not sure orphans even exist anymore. The whole foster care system has kind of made the whole Oliver Twist paradigm outdated. Widows remain a bona fide subject of sympathy, however. Since men seem to have more interest in sailing than women (by a ratio of about 2,000 to 3, judging by their participation on this forum), the only widows whose lives have been changed by sailing, might be those who are seen celebrating, particularly if a large life insurance policy is involved.

Anyway, I am pretty sure sailing has changed my life and the lives of others, forever, seeing as I regularly contribute to this forum, thus enriching the lives of others, more than they might possibly realize...

Last edited by jameswilson29; 03-25-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook