SailNet Community - View Single Post - Canadians: Station License or not?
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 03-25-2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Re: Canadians: Station License or not?

Two part deal.

1. You need a ROC-M (Operators Certificate) to transmit and talk regardless of location.....period. A LID can rendure Maritime Marine Spectrum useless in short order.

2. You need a Station's Licence for the vessel if you operate in US or other Int'l waters.
SSB in the Maritime bands will be covered off with your ROC-M and Station Lic as well as Radar.

Frequently Asked Questions - Transport Canada

RBR-2 — Technical Requirements for the Operation of Mobile Stations in the Maritime Service - Spectrum Management and Telecommunications


doogymon is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome