SailNet Community - View Single Post - Canadians: Station License or not?
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 03-25-2013
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Re: Canadians: Station License or not?

Sorry ......but you do need a "Authorization" in effort to legally use a VHF Marine Transceiver (for a pleasure boat) anywhere in Canada as a Canadian. This Authorization is in the form of an "Operator's Certificate" called a ROC-M. It will also let you use a SSB maritime Radio etc. The Canucks want their mariners (even pleasure boaters) to not "Ball up" the Maritime Spectrum because lives depend on it.

Last edited by doogymon; 03-25-2013 at 06:47 PM.
doogymon is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome