SailNet Community - View Single Post - Headed North...
Thread: Headed North...
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: Headed North...

I'm holed up Belhaven, NC at River Forest Marina, which is essentially closed for the season. Temperature today never got much above 40, nasty ride for the past 50 miles, arrived just in time for a 50 knot blow, ice cold rain shower, and falling temperatures. Forecast for tomorrow isn't good, might end up spending another night here.

To top things off, the marina, which normally carries both gas and diesel fuel, doesn't have any gas and won't for at least another two weeks. The next closest place to purchase gasoline is 50 miles farther up the ICW.

Talked to my loving spouse this evening, she said they got 4 inches of snow at home, most of which was pretty wet. Should melt off by tomorrow with temperatures rising into the lower 50s. Here, we'll be lucky to see 40.

The 5-mile trip across the Pamilico River was pretty nasty, 5 to 7 footers on the beam. The Pungo River was a bit better, just 2 to 4 footers on the nose. That hot shower and green coconut margaretta were the best things that happened today.

Cheers,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook