SailNet Community - View Single Post - do you carry an acoustic Guitar?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
Hi, I'm a member here, but my day job is in the music industry.

I work for a company that makes these... Among many other products. Not trying to advertise, but to help out.

Amazon.com: Planet Waves Humidipak Automatic Humidity Control System (For Guitar): Musical Instruments Amazon.com: Planet Waves Humidipak Automatic Humidity Control System (For Guitar): Musical Instruments

Normally, you'll have to worry about humid conditions. It's best to keep your instrument in a case when you're not playing it, and try to control the environment in the case.

Humidipak will regulate in either direction. However, in dry conditions also use another moisture adding device like a Guitar Humidifier so the pak doesn't dry out.

If its really wet conditions, (above 70% day after day) use a "dried out" humidipak in your case which will absorb moisture.

Again, keeping the guitar in a case when not in use will really help. Also, go to your local shop and learn how to make a truss rod adjustment because the neck will move. It's perfectly normal, I adjust many of my instruments every year to get the action right. It's routine and if you can do basic boat maintenance you can do basic guitar maintenance. Wood moves with trends in humidity...

Finally, consider coated strings to minimize corrosion. This is vital on a boat. My company makes the EXP line of strings but there are others out there as well like Elixir.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I know Cruisingdad has a guitar on board, perhaps he wants to share his experience.

Good luck, keep playing...!!!

Craig
D'Addario and Co.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook