SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Mostly singlehanded...what lines should I run aft?

Jon - Thanks from me, too, for the heads-up. My wife got me the S100 for Christmas, and I just installed it for use this season after we splash. It's good to have a warning about the battery issue.

Like outbound, I would be interested in knowing how to reset the Auto mode after the remote goes dead. I assume that once the S100 is dead and it goes back into standby, that you just have to walk to the wheel, re-establish the correct heading, then press "auto" on the main control panel. Please confirm if something else needs to be done, like pulling the dead batteries out of the unit.

I have a couple Eneloop AAA's, so maybe I'll use them and recharge after every couple of daysails, assuming that 2x1.2v NiMH power is adequate for the handset.

Also like outbound, I selected the S100 over the fancier one because it seemed better to hang around my neck. And I prefer using generic batteries over proprietary rechargables.

Maybe if I go overboard I can steer the boat back to me. (JUST KIDDING - I know the boat would be out of range in seconds.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook