SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Dufour 410

Dufour had made a great come back from its financial troubles a year ago: the 36p was boat of the year and they renovated their entire Grand Large line with new models.

We had already talked about the 500, lets talk about the 410, a very nice and modern boat, very well designed on the interior and hull design. A Felci design and a particularly elegant one. The boat follows the general tendency regarding beamy boats with beam brought back. That would give a particularly forgiving boat, an easy one to sail, not particularly good in light winds or upwind sailing but very stable downwind or in any other situation.

It is on the heavy side of cruisers, this one is 1430kg heavier than the previous model, the 405 and it is now more heavier than Bavaria 40 or a Hanse 415. It is hard to understand that huge difference in weight.

The D/B ratio is normal from this kind of boats and keels (28%) and with big beam (4.20m) and displacement it will provide a big stability to this boat.

It has only 71 sqm of sail and that will mot make it a fast boat at least with weaker winds. A very conservative boat with looks that seem to deny that.

The interior looks very bright and tidy. They opted for a spacious galley that will give plenty space to the saloon but that will shine on anchor or at the marina. No support at all to cook while sailing on the wrong tack.

410 - Grand Large - DUFOUR Yachts

I am a bit confused about the type of sailors that they are targeting with this boat. I mean the conservative side versus modern looks. Maybe they are right and know what they are doing. I guess i will have to wait to see if the boat will sell well or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook