SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beginner in a Macgregor-Venture 25 on Lake MI
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013

gedaggett is on a distinguished road
Re: Beginner in a Macgregor-Venture 25 on Lake MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuurboSpaggetti View Post
Did you ever raise and lower the mast while underway? I plan on launching from a ramp on the river (chicago river, south branch) as often as I can help it, and masts don't get along with those bridges.

Sure I can wait for the times they raise them, but I'd rather be able to do it whenever.
Not the best Idea to raise from the water but doable. The better option may be launching from 31st street. They have an awesome new launch and I was planning on setting in over there. You can be out of the breakwater in about 300 yards from the ramp. It is deep quick and you can get a pass for about $250 to launch for the summer. I kept my boat in the yard with the mast up in Michigan city and launched that way. It was way easier to wait for a bridge than to raise or lower the mast. Plus if you drop a retaining pin in the water your day could be ruined.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I would rather admit I'm a fool with the possibility of finding I am not, than to deny it showing all that I truly am.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook